State Enterprise “Srbijašume” manages state forests and forest lands on a surface area of 893,204 ha and carries out professional-advisory service activities in private forests (forests owned by natural/legal persons) on an area of 1,224,751 ha.
The Enterprise started operating on October 1st, 1991, in accordance with the Law on Forests, aiming at managing forests, protected natural assets and hunting grounds integrally and according to the principles of sustainable forestry and profitability, along with increasing forest cover and improving the existing forestry fund of the Republic of Serbia.
The Enterprise carries out both its public and business mission through 19 Enterprise parts (17 Forest Estates (FE), Bureau for Planning and Design in Forestry, and Protection Workshop). It is composed of 67 Forest Administrations (FA) and 17 Work Units (WU).
Pursuant to Decision No. 24/2004-2 from March 1st, 2004 made by the Management Board of SE “Srbijašume”, FE “Ibar” Leposavić was kept off-balance sheet items at SE “Srbijašume”.
- The Enterprise manages 893,204 ha of state forests and forest lands.
- The Enterprise carries out professional-advisory service activities on 1,224,751 ha of private forests – forests owned by natural/legal persons.
- In accordance with the Law on Nature Protection, the Enterprise manages 53 protected areas on an area of 338,620 ha.
- The Enterprise manages 27 hunting grounds on a total of 272,070 ha.
- The Enterprise manages the following fishing areas: Belgrade Fishing Area, Mlava Fishing Area, Danube Fishing Area and fishing areas within protected areas.
Basic Data for SE “Srbijašume” for Year 2021
|1. Total surface area – wooded & unwooded (ha)||893.203,50|
|2. Forest area – wooded land (ha)||771.945,40|
|3. Total timber volume (m3)||132.771.379,2|
|4. Average timber volume (m3/ha)||172,0|
|5. Total volume increment (m3)||3.497.107,5|
|6. Average volume increment (m3/ha)||4,5|
|7. Planned yield – 10 yrs. (m3)||21.786.730,3|
|8. Planning of timber volume production (m3)||1.769.751|
|9. Professional-advisory service activities in forests owned by natural/legal persons (ha)||1.224.751|