The activity of the State Enterprise for Forest Management “Srbijašume” has been established by the Law on Forests and the Statute of the State Enterprise.
The Enterprise was founded with the aim of managing state-owned forests in accordance with the principles of sustainable forest management.
Enterprise activities stipulated by law are as follows:
- cultivation and maintenance of forests, reforestation and restoration of degraded forests;
- management of state forests and special-purpose hunting grounds;
- professional-advisory service activities in forests owned by natural/legal persons;
- management of protected areas;
- management of fishery areas;
- design and construction of forest roads;
- development of programs, projects and forest management plans;
- wholesale and retail;
- research work and
- hunting-, fishing-, rural- and eco-tourism.